The Belize International Business Company is formed under the IBC Act that was introduced in 1990 and is considered one of the most user friendly offshore jurisdictions.
Incorporating a company in Belize enjoys many advantages listed below
- Exemption from all taxes and stamp duties, except for annual government fees which has to be paid on time to keep a Belize offshore company registered;
- Belize IBC’s are free from any reporting requirements including annual audits;
- No requirement for a company secretary;
- A bank account can be open for an offshore company in Belize without directors being present;
- No currency restrictions, capital may be stated in any foreign currency;
- No citizenship requirements or residency requirements for directors. Officers or shareholders;
- Incorporation of Belize Company is very rapid.
Belize company formation requirements
- No minimum paid up capital requirement, capital may be conveyed in foreign currency;
- An IBC may issue bearer shares and shares of no par value;
- Shares may be paid up through the transfer;
- Only one shareholder is required, does not need to be a local and can be an individual or corporate body;
- A director and shareholder may be the same person;
- May use a nominee to protect privacy.
- Minimum of one director, individual or corporate company.
- Director and shareholder can be the same person
- No meetings required for directors or members
- Belize companies are restricted to carry on business with persons resident in Belize or Belize corporations;
- The name of the company must contain one of the following or abbreviations of the word; Limited, Ltd, Corporation, Incorporated, Society Anonyme, Inc., S.A, A.S or A.G.